Saturday 14 October 2023
9.30am – 11.00am – Kata
11.00am – 4.00pm – Shiai
Games Entry Fee
VIP Gold entry fee $125 per person
Discounted price for competitors aged 70+ is $110 per person
(the above entry fees will increase to standard pricing of $155 and $145 respectively as at 1 August 2023)
Please note: All transactions are subject to a PayPal charge (1.5% of total amount due +$0.30).
Further details available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
Sport Entry Fee
$50 per person (Kata OR Shiai)
$60 per person (Kata AND Shiai)
Last Updated: 6/03/2023
Age determined at 14 October 2023 (day of contest)
Minimum age 30 years
Kata eligibility is simply adhering to minimum age of 30. Kata age brackets may be created if demand requires it.
Shiai age groups:
Male: 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-59, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Female: 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-59, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Male Weight Categories:
Over 100 kg
Over 90kg and up to and including 100kg
Over 81kg and up to and including 90kg
Over 73kg and up to and including 81kg
Over 66kg and up to and including 73kg
Over 60kg and up to and including 66kg
Up to and including 60kg
Female Weight Categories:
Over 70kg and up to and including 78kg
Over 63kg and up to and including 70kg
Over 57kg and up to and including 63kg
Over 52kg and up to and including 57kg
Over 48kg and up to and including 52kg
Up to and including 48kg
**Disclaimer: Shiai divisions may be combined by weight and/or age i when there are few players in a division, and this is subject to the Judo Australia Sporting Code of March 2020 (page 48)
Number of Participant Requirements
Minimum number of participants required to conduct competition: 30
The Lights Community and Sports Centre
244 - 270 East Parkway Corner Hampstead Road Lightsview SA 5085
- Weigh-in will be held at the venue on 13 October 2023 between 6.00pm-7.30pm
- Participants must be registered with Judo Australia Ltd or an International Judo Federation body
- Participants are required to bring their Judo Australia Ltd or International Judo Federation body membership record to the competition and weigh-in as evidence of their insurance coverage.
- Participants must bring their AMG accreditation to the venue at all times, including weigh‑in.
- Participants must have a grade of 3rd kyu (green belt) or over, recognised by Judo Australia.
- Participants must have clean and compliant blue and white judogis; as per Judo Australia rules:
- Female participants must wear a white non-transparent t-shirt under their judogi.
- JudoSA can combine an age and/or weight category if the number of participants in a category is not sufficient.
- Contest duration is 3 minutes for age categories under 60 years and 2.5 minutes for age categories 60 years and over.
- The competition is presented by JudoSA and is sanctioned by Judo Australia.
- Please be aware of current Judo rules – https://www.ausjudo.com.au/refereeing
The competition will be conducted under Judo Australia’s Sporting Code (March 2020)
Judo Australia Sporting Code March 2020
International Judo Federation (IJF) Rules October 2019
IJF New Rules 2022
Kata Sporting Code 2019
Kata General Rules 2009
Kata Competition 2019
2022 Australian Masters Games – Perth
2019 Australian Masters Games – Adelaide
Judo Specific Enquiries
2023 Australian Masters Games General Enquiries
Stay up to date
Receive all the latest Australian Masters Games news delivered direct to your inbox.