Entries Close Date
11.59pm Monday, 18 April 2022
Thursday 28 April – Saturday 30 April 2022
9.00am – 7.00pm each day
Games Entry Fee
$115 per person or $105 per person for people aged 70+
(the above entry fees will increase to $145 and $135 respectively as at 11 February 2022)
Please note: All transactions are subject to a PayPal charge (1.5% of total amount due +$0.30).
Further details available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
Sport Entry Fee
$50 per person
Last Updated: 13/10/2021
Age determined at 31 December 2022
Minimum age 30 years
Female: 30-34, 35-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61+*
Male: 30-34, 35-40, 41-45, 46-50, 51-55, 56-60, 61+*
* There will be no more than a ten year age difference in matched competitors
Weight Classes & Divisions
Female: Minimum Weight (48kg), Light Flyweight (50kg), Flyweight (52kg), Bantamweight (54kg), Featherweight (57kg), Lightweight (60kg), Light Welterweight (63kg), Welterweight (66kg) , Light Middleweight (70 kg), Middleweight (75 kg), Light heavyweight (81 kg), Heavyweight (+81 kg).
Male: Minimum Weight (48kg), Flyweight (51kg), Bantamweight (54kg), Featherweight (57kg), Lightweight (60kg), Light Welterweight (63.5kg), Welterweight (67kg), Light Middleweight (71kg) , Middleweight (75kg), Light Heavyweight (80kg), Cruiserweight (86kg), Heavyweight (92kg), Super Heavyweight (+92kg).
Novice 0-5 bouts (3 x 1.5 minute rounds)
Intermediate 6-10 bouts (3 x 2 minute rounds)
Open 10+ bouts (3 x 2 minute rounds)
Intermediate boxers have the option of competing in the Open Class
Number of Participant Requirements
Minimum number of participants required to conduct competition: 50
- As well as registering to compete at the Games you must be registered with a Boxing Australia state organisation (like Boxing WA). For links to state organisations scroll down the Boxing Australia home page to ‘Member Organisations’.
- International competitors who are not registered with an official boxing organisation in their country can register with Boxing WA here. Boxing registration (and medical) expires after 12 months.
- Please ensure your boxing registration and medical certification (including blood test) is current.
- Tournament briefing and weigh-in information will be provided closer to the event
- Session times may change. A full schedule will be posted on this page, at the venue
- Coaches will need to be registered with the 2022 Australian Masters Games as a Non-Competing Official to ensure they have access to competition areas
- 16 oz gloves will be used
- Bouts for all age divisions (except 60+ and novice bouts) will be 3 x 2 minute rounds
- Novice bouts will be 3 x 1.5 minute rounds
- Bouts for the 60+ age division will be 3 x 1.5 minute rounds
The competition will be conducted under Boxing Australia Rules