Football – Walking
Registration Close Dates
Teams: Friday 8 September 2023
Individual: Friday 29 September 2023
Thursday 12 – Saturday 14 October 2023
Games Entry Fee
Standard Entry fee $155 per person
Discounted price for competitors aged 70+ is $145 per person
Please note: All transactions are subject to a PayPal charge (1.5% of total amount due +$0.30).
Further details available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
Sport Entry Fee
Walking Football $50 per person
Last Updated: 15/05/2023
Age determined at 31 December 2023
Minimum age 40 years
Walking Football – Men 40+, 50+, 60+, 65+
Walking Football – Women 40+, 50+, 65+
Walking Football – Mixed 40+, 50+
Walking Football – 4 Teams minimum to conduct competition
Minimum Squad Size Requirements
Minimum: Walking Football (6)
Maximum: Walking Football (9)
Number of Participant Requirements
Minimum number of teams required to conduct competition: 4 teams
Service FM Stadium
Cnr Matildas Drive &, Briens Rd, Gepps Cross SA 5094
Walking Football General
Matches are played by two teams, each consisting of not more than the following number of players and substitutes for the following format: 6-a-side: 6 players per team (5 outfield players and a goalkeeper) and 3 substitutes.
Check the “Age Exemption” tab for the full rule regarding underage players
Game Times 15 minutes each way with a 5 minute half-time
Competition will be round robin, semi-final, consultation final, bronze medal, and gold medal games. 10-minute break between games
In all semi’s and finals if a game ends in a draw, no extra time will be played and a penalty shoot out will determine the winner. Each team will take 3 penalties each and if still level, then sudden death.
If a team is permanently reduced by more than two players due to injury or illness a request can be made to the organisers for individuals to back up from other teams. Fixtures will remain as is.
Walking football is a NO contact version of the World Game
No running or jogging, with or without the ball.
Mixed teams, no male to female ratio. Matches may take place on either grass or artificial pitch surface.
- Low impact tackling only. No sliding tackles.
- Aggressive Play is not permitted
- There are no offsides in Walking Football
- The ball must not be kicked or defected by any outfield player, or throw (by the goalkeeper) above the height restriction (crossbar level). Free kicks are awarded to the opposing team if ball travels above the height of the crossbar.
- All free kicks are indirect (i.e Players cannot shoot direct at the goal. They must pass instead).
- Goals can be scored from any outfield position. Goals cannot be scored direct from kick offs, kick ins, drop balls, goalkeeper’s kick, save or throw.
- 5 roll on, roll off substitutes permitted per game. Substitutions can be made when there is a break in play, the ball is dead, or the goalkeeper has possession of the ball.
- Referee operates red, yellow card procedures. Yellow card indicates a 3-minute Sin Bin for player. Players can be sin binned for 3 running offences if any given game and upon return and sanctioned for running again is a red card.
- Players sent off can take no further part in match. A substitute may be used to replace player sent off after 5 minutes or first conceded goal, whichever occurs first.
- Players are not allowed in the penalty area (except by momentum and no advantage gained).
- If player enters in the penalty area deliberately or denies a clear goal scoring opportunity – a penalty is awarded to the attacking team. Referee can award a yellow or red card in this situation at their discretion.
- Opposing players must stand at least 3 metres away from the ball when a corner, free kick or ‘kick in’ is taken.
- If free kick is on the penalty area line, the ball must be moved back 3 metres (to allow defenders to position themselves between ball and goal).
- Goalkeeper must wear shirt or bib that distinguishes from outfield players.
- Goalkeeper can receive back passes. He may either kick or throw ball back into play. Goalkeeper throws must be under arm.
- Possession is given back to the goalkeeper if ball travels above the height restriction whilst being deflected or saved by the goalkeeper.
- Goalkeeper not allowed outside penalty area (except by momentum whilst making a save). If goalkeeper leaves the penalty area deliberately or denies a clear goal scoring opportunity – a penalty is awarded to the attacking team.
FSA has discretion to interpret and apply a rule for the best interest of the game.
A team may register a maximum of two underage players in the age categories listed below. The players are permitted to be 2 years below the minimum age group.
- Female 40+
- Female 50+
- Female 65+
- Male 40+
- Male 50+
- Male 60+
- Male 65+
- Mixed 40+, 50+
Age dispensation standards (outfield players) – Male:
- A team may register a maximum of two players that are 38+ as of 31 December 2023 in the Male 40+ group.
- A team may register a maximum of two players that are 48+ as of 31 December 2023 in the Male 50+ group.
- A team may register a maximum of two players that are 58+ as of 31 December 2023 in the Male 60+ group.
- A team may register a maximum of two players that are 63+ as of 31 December 2023 in the Male 65+ group.
Age dispensation standards (outfield players) – Female:
- A team may register a maximum of two players that are 38+ as of 31 December 2023 in the Female 40+ group.
- A team may register a maximum of two players that are 48+ as of 31 December 2023 in the Female 50+ group.
- A team may register a maximum of two players that are 63+ as of 31 December 2023, in the Female 65+ group.
- Goalkeepers are granted an age exemption and can be 5 years below the minimum age requirement.
- Goalkeepers cannot during any match participate as an outfield player if under age.